Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Very Little in Life is Free

I am happy to report that I do now have Internet in my dorm room, and can now upload pictures onto my blog! I know you are all beyond thrilled! :-) The only problem? I realized it cost money...how lame is that? 14,90 euros for one month. Not bad considering an hour is 3...I'll take 14,90...People are saying we should have a username/password, but it's all hearsay...the French are not very good at communicating such logistics to us crazy Americains.


Today was our first day of classes. After taking a placement test and filling out some paperwork, I was moved into my class. Wasn't sure what level it was, no one from my group was in the class, I was somewhat apprehensive since a Japanese girl tried to talk to me but unfortunately I didn't know what she was saying. My teacher, looking over my paper, goes, "Emily...Debutante?!" "Oui..." I reply. "Oh non, non, non...you have had no French before?" I said, "well....some" "Oh non, non, non, we will fix this." Apparently this class was too advanced for moi, so I am now in the beginners class....that's cool. It's like a review session! Not bad. And now Ashley, a girl from my group, is in there with me so I'm not totally alone. :-)


And now...pictures!! :-) :-)

My dorm room...it's not exactly homey, but it works.



The view from my window in Vichy.


We went to the supermarche as soon as we got to Vichy, and I loved the fact that they had some American brands...like Honey Nut Cheerios (my favorite!!), Barilla pasta, and Fanta....my life is complete.




My first meal in Vichy...homemade pasta and some Chardonnay. :-) Cooked it myself on my hotplate!!

The rest are all pictures of Vichy. Enjoy!



Peace, Love, and Vichy.

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Looks like you are having a great time.
    The pasta looks great. Ah Vino!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete