Monday, June 22, 2009

Puy de Dome

I climbed up a volcano...and this is what I saw...


Hangliders at the top...


You can't really tell, but that is Matt and Tjanna climbing up the side of the mountain. They decided it would be faster than taking the trail.

Ancient Roman ruins at the top - the Temple of Mercury. I thought the random cartoon guy with random facts was entertaining.



View from the top.



All those white dots are a flock of sheep being herded into a different pasture. It was pretty cool to see.


Me at the top



My attempt at being artistic.


View again. I like the shadow of the cloud.


Me contemplating life at the top of a volcano/mountain. :-)
Overall it was quite fun, and I am very proud of myself for climbing all the way to the top, as it was not easy, especially since my asthma has decided to hate me this trip. And then on the way down, it was so steep you had to practically run, so Ashley, Katie, and I decided it would be fun to frolick and sing all the way down. And that we did, my friends. Good times. Pretty sure Sean caught it on video.
There's my daily update. Clermont is next! I know I'm a few days behind on everything, but you have to admit I've been doing a pretty good job of catching up, eh? Only 6 more days until I go home! Scary, yet exciting, thought!
Peace, Love, and Climbing Ancient Volcanoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment