Monday, June 1, 2009

Bonjour Vichy!!

I made it to Vichy! I got in yesterday evening-ish and met up with people from my program and we did some exploring. It was nice! I bought my first bottle of wine, a small one that I did finish in one night (I'm telling you, it was small.) Wine here is so cheap!! I can see this being a future problem in terms of my bank account...oh well...

I don't have internet yet in my dorm room, because apparently we need a special password which we don't get until tomorrow. Today we had the day off because it's some sort of French "Labor Day"-ish holiday, so we went exploring this morning, and now Katie and I found an outdoor cafe with wi-fi and are enjoying some nice lunch in the warm afternoon! Very nice, indeed.

I've taken pictures, and I PROMISE I will put them in my next blog as soon as I can get them on my computer and get Wi-Fi in the dorms.

The dorms are nice, by kitchenette they actually meant hotplate and sink on top of a mini-fridge, but I'm not complaining. Whatever works!

Just wanted to write a quick blog to let everyone out there know I made it safe and sound! I hope all is well back home! Happy Monday everyone!!

Peace, Love, and Making it to Vichy in one piece.

2 comments:

  1. Your parents are very happy you made it through the plane trip, the shuttle ride and the train experience and safely reached your destination! Enjoy the wine - and drink a glass for us - notice we said GLASS - not necessarily an entire bottle. We miss you and love you! Kitties say hi too!

    ReplyDelete